The River is South Central Wisconsin’s busiest food pantry. Services include free groceries and freshly prepared meals for pickup or delivery, online grocery orders, and mobile meals. The River also redistributes rescued food and resources to local partners to increase access while minimizing waste. Since 2006, The River has grown to serve over 2,000 people every week in pursuit of its vision: a fully nourished community.
Located in a warehouse just off Northport Drive and Packers Avenue, The River is surrounded by low-income neighborhoods and subsidized senior housing—exactly where we’re needed the most.
In 2021, The River served 11,279 people facing food insecurity, which included adults, seniors, veterans, those experiencing homelessness, and children. Thanks to generous community support, The River was able to provide our Dane County neighbors with:
- 3.8 million pounds of food and supplies, including more fresh produce than ever before.
- 58,675 freshly prepared to-go meals for entire households to enjoy at home.
- 33,309 mobile lunches in 10 low-income neighborhoods.
- 7,518 groceries deliveries to the homebound.
- 592 online grocery orders to restore customer choice.