One CAN Make a Difference!
Get involved by organizing a food drive! Hold a food drive at your church, in your office, in your neighborhood or among a group of friends interested in lending a hand to our neighbors in need. To help you plan and hold a successful food drive, we’ve put together a FOOD DRIVE KIT with everything you need to get organized and collect donations.
The FOOD DRIVE KIT contains:
- A customizable letter explaining what you are doing, where the food is going and why a food drive is important. Customize the letter with your name, the date(s)/time(s) and location of your food drive and share it with your friends, family and supporters. download letter here
- A customizable flyer to help promote your food drive. Customize the flyer with your name, the date(s)/time(s) and location of your food driveand then print it out and post it to spread the word about your food drive. download flyer here
- The River Needs List. You and your donors will know exactly what items are needed most so your drive is focused. You can use this list to organize a themed drive (examples, personal hygiene item drive or protein drive). download needs list here- download flyer here
Let’s Collect Some Food
Let’s get you started down the road to a successful River Food Drive. It’s not too difficult; just follow these simple steps…
- Set Reasonable GoalsThink about how many people will take part in your River Food Drive and for how long you will be collecting food.
- Decide How You Will Collect FoodA barrel in the office? Door-to-door requests? A neighborhood party?
- Gather Needed MaterialsWe can help with Fact Sheets, Posters, Collection Barrels and more.
- Spread the Word
- If your River Food Drive is open to the general public – let us know about it and we can help with social media as well as postings on The River Food Pantry website and in our email newsletter. Email your information to email@example.com
- Include your River Food Drive in your own social media postings, emails to family/friends/coworkers/etc.
- Get Excited…and Get Others Excited TooCreate a contest, offer prizes, put together a daily trivia contest to go with your River Food Drive, get creative!
- Collect Your Food…and Deliver it to The River Food PantryLet us know when you’re coming, so we can help you unload…and we’d love to get pictures too! For large food drives, we would be happy to pick up the collected food.
We Can Help!
- The River Food Pantry is here to answer your questions.
- Do you need collection barrels for your food drive? Need fact-sheets for your River Food Drive…click here.
- Need someone to talk to your group about the current needs of The River Food Pantry? Let us know, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The River Food Pantry is Dane County’s busiest food pantry, serving over 600 families and distributing 40,000 pounds of food each week. The River Food Pantry is a 501 (c)(3) charity, so your donations are completely tax deductible.
While The River is a faith-based community, we are not affiliated with any one church. We receive donations and support from a variety of churches and faith based groups. All are welcome at The River, regardless of faith. Likewise, The River is not affiliated with any government or corporate entity. The River operates on donations from people like you and strives to be good stewards of your money. In 2013, 87 cents of every dollar donated to The River funded programs and services that benefit individuals and families in need in Dane County. A $10 donation to The River buys $100 worth of food.