The River has launched a free contactless food delivery program, called River Delivers, for those who are homebound and do not qualify for other delivery services! Deliveries are provided up to once a week and include groceries and other essential items, like diapers and specific dietary options, upon request.
To qualify to receive deliveries through River Delivers, you must:
- Live in Dane County
- Not qualify for established delivery services, such as Dry Hootch or Food Bridge
- Not have a form of transportation to The River
- Not have a friend, family member or neighbor to transport groceries from The River for you
- Have someone home to receive the groceries, as we cannot leave food outside due to maintaining food quality and the possibility of animals getting into the groceries
- Please sign up for delivery as a new delivery client or a returning delivery client in the section below.
- Requests must be submitted weekly.
- The River will schedule volunteers, called River Runners, to deliver your food between 10am–3pm on Tuesday–Friday.
- The River Runner will call you when they are on their way.
- The River Runner will bring your food to the outermost door of your home or apartment building, let you know they are there, and then leave space so you can bring your food inside.
Sign Up for Delivery
Please select a button below to fill out a sign-up form as a new delivery client or a returning delivery client. You must sign up for a delivery by Monday at 8 am for that week’s delivery.
Questions? Please contact Amanda Prusak, River Delivers Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 661-1222.
More volunteers are necessary to meet the need for free food delivery to those who cannot leave home during the pandemic! Whether you can make one delivery or multiple, it all helps. Please sign up as a River Runner today!