River Delivers is a free contactless food delivery program for those who are homebound and do not qualify for other delivery services. Deliveries include groceries and other essential items, like diapers and specific dietary options, upon request.
UPDATE: Effective December 1, 2022, River Delivers clients will be able to place delivery requests twice a month. While we understand this is a significant change, it is a necessary one for us to serve the growing number of households in need of deliveries each month. We continue to recruit additional volunteer drivers, but the need for grocery delivery throughout Dane County is much greater than we can accommodate at this time.
To meet your needs when delivery is unavailable, we encourage you to:
- Ask a friend, neighbor, or family member to serve as your proxy driver to pick up curbside groceries and meals from The River for you. Please send your proxy with a photo of your ID or a piece of mail with your name and address, along with a dated and signed note stating they can pick up groceries for you. This can also be in the form of a text message or email with a photo of your ID.
- Visit The River on Saturdays from 11am–2pm for Pantry Express, which provides a condensed selection of groceries and meals.
- Meet up with our Munch van on the road for mobile meals.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit 211wisconsin.communityos.org to find information about other pantries in your area.
To qualify to receive deliveries through River Delivers, you must:
- Live in Dane County
- Not qualify for established delivery services, such as Dry Hootch or Food Bridge
- Not have a form of transportation to The River
- Not have a friend, family member or neighbor to transport groceries from The River for you
- Have someone home to receive the groceries, as we cannot leave food outside due to maintaining food quality and the possibility of animals getting into the groceries
- Please complete the “New or Renewing Delivery Client” form in the section below if you have not received a delivery in the past year or your information has changed.
- Once you have confirmation of qualification, submit a delivery request as needed by filling out the “Returning Delivery Client” form in the section below. The maximum number of deliveries you can receive per month is two (2).
- The River will schedule volunteers, called River Runners, to deliver your food between 9am–4pm on Tuesday–Friday.
- The River Runner will call or text you when they are on their way.
- The River Runner will bring your food to the outermost door of your home or apartment building, let you know they are there, and then leave space so you can bring your food inside.
Sign Up for Delivery
Please select a button below to fill out a sign-up form as a new delivery client or a returning delivery client. You must sign up for a delivery by Monday at 8 am for that week’s delivery. The returning delivery client form will close down every Monday at 8 am and reopen every Friday at 5 pm.