COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines (as of June 1, 2021)
- Please DO NOT come to volunteer:
- If you or anyone with whom you have regular contact has any of the COVID-19 symptoms: shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, muscle pain, nausea/vomiting, and new loss of taste or smell.
- If you have had a positive test OR if you have not been cleared by medical professionals/Public Health to return to the public if you have had a positive COVID-19 test.
- Please wear a mask throughout your entire shift. We have several styles available, or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Please wear gloves while volunteering, and change them as often as needed. We have plenty on site.
- After you sign-in, please wash your hands. Wash whenever needed throughout your shift, such as after using the bathroom, touching your face or hair, eating or drinking, or after taking out the garbage.
- If you begin to experience any COVID-19 symptoms while volunteering at The River, please promptly report them to a staff member and leave immediately.
We know some of these guidelines may be cumbersome, or change your plans, and we thank you for your flexibility and support in keeping The River a healthy space for all to work, volunteer, and receive groceries.
While volunteering at The River with the market, you will have the opportunity to support other’s access to healthy groceries in several ways. These include sorting produce, packing boxes, readying carts for pick-up, and helping to load vehicles with groceries, as well as welcoming and registering clients. These are physically demanding shifts, and may include lifting weight up to 40 lbs. While no meal will be provided, we will have water and snacks available. Other volunteering shifts include MUNCH and FAM, both meal services. FAM volunteering will include preparing meals in the kitchen, maintaining a clean working environment, and serving food outside as households receive groceries. MUNCH distribution is providing lunches in several Northside neighborhoods directly to children and their families.
Again, thank you for giving your time, energy, and compassion to help The River reach our goal of a fully nourished community.