The River’s greatest challenge is getting enough food to keep our shelves stocked for the growing numbers of people seeking food assistance. You can help meet that challenge by hosting a food drive or participating in our new virtual food drive!
How to Host a Food Drive:
- Borrow a food barrel from The River or use your own containers, such as large totes or cardboard boxes.
- Let us know the details of when and where. We’ll do our best to help you publicize it on our social media channels.
- When your food drive ends, bring your donations to The River during our regular donation hours. If it’s more than you can handle yourself, let us know and we can come help pick it up.
- Say cheese! We love posting photos of our generous donors with all the donations they collect on our social media channels. Please send us any photos you take and/or take one at The River when dropping off donations.
How to Participate in a Virtual Food Drive:
- Visit our new YouGiveGoods virtual food drive page.
- Choose to either:
- Donate food online by shopping to purchase our much-needed essentials.
- Sponsor your own virtual food drive for us. In addition to getting the food we need, The River will also get a 5% cash donation from YouGiveGoods for any sponsored drive.
All goods ordered online will be shipped directly to The River Food Pantry after the drive ends.