Each week, The River serves over 1,000 Dane County households with free groceries, meals and personal care items. The River needs your help to keep the shelves stocked with a variety of items.
Most-Needed Items as of November 2021:
- Asian cuisine: sticky rice, sesame seed oil, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chili paste, rice vinegar, rice noodles, lo mein noodles, sticky rice, canned coconut milk or cream
- Baking supplies: cake mix, flour, sugar, extracts, baking soda, baking powder, etc.
- Central and South American cuisine: corn tortillas, corn flour, canned milk, diced green chilis, enchilada sauce, canned black or refried beans
- Gluten-free items: almond flour, coconut flour, etc.
- Grains: quinoa, couscous, grits, barley
- Pasta (all kinds), pasta sauce, microwave rice
- Personal care and hygiene items: bar soap, bleach, body wash, deodorant, diapers (Size 4–6), dish soap, menstrual products, shampoo, toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Shelf-stable: 100% juice, dairy alternative milk, protein drinks
- Soup: hearty, low-sodium
- Sugar-free items, reduced-sodium items
- Toilet paper
DONATION DROP-OFF HOURS
Donations can be dropped off at the back door of The River Food Pantry (2201 Darwin Rd) during the following times*:
*If these times do not work for you, please call (608) 442-8815 to coordinate an alternative.
The River Food Pantry is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and the value of your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.