The River gives away 50,000 pounds of food every week.
Each week, over 700 Dane County families shop at The River for groceries, personal care items, household items and clothing. The River needs your help to keep the shelves stocked with a variety of items.
The River welcomes your donations of:
- Canned proteins such as tuna or chicken
- Canned pasta meals with meat
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned soups
- Canned pasta sauces
- Meat expanders such as Hamburger Helper or Tuna Helper
- Boxed cereals
- Gluten Free items
- Vegan items
Personal Care Items:
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Feminine hygiene products
Here is a list of our current top ten needs for the pantry
Drop off donations
Donations can be dropped off at The River Food Pantry, 2201 Darwin Rd, Madison, WI 53704:
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 A.M – 5:30 P.M.
The River is a 501(c) (3) charity, the value of your donation is 100% tax deductible.