Each week, The River serves over 1,000 Dane County households with free groceries, meals and personal care items. The River needs your help to keep the shelves stocked with a variety of items.
Most-Needed Items as of August 2022:
- Gluten-free items: almond flour, coconut flour, etc.
- Indian and Southeast Asian cuisine: quinoa, couscous, corn meal, lentils, curry, etc.
- Individual snacks: granola bars, fruit snacks, jerky, crackers, etc.
- Packaging: paper bags, plastic bags, 12-count egg cartons
- Personal care and hygiene items: bar soap, body wash, deodorant, dish soap, liquid hand soap, menstrual products, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Paper products: toilet paper, facial tissue, paper towel
- Shelf-stable picnic items: ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, relish, pickles, aluminum pans, etc.
- Shelf-stable: rice, pasta, canned fruit and vegetables, 100% juice, dairy alternative milk, protein drinks, tuna, peanut butter
- Spices: garlic, cumin, salt, paprika, etc.
- Sugar-free items, reduced-sodium items
DONATION DROP-OFF HOURS
Donations can be dropped off in the large black donation bin in the back of The River Food Pantry (2201 Darwin Rd) during the times below*. If the donation is larger than 10 grocery bags, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If these times do not work for you, please call (608) 442-8815 to coordinate an alternative.
The River Food Pantry is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and the value of your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.