The River Food Pantry, NewBridge Madison, and RSVP of Dane County have partnered to launch Food Bridge: a free monthly food delivery program for low-income older adults in Madison and Monona.
How Food Bridge Works:
- NewBridge staff members will work with older adults in their homes or at the NewBridge offices to coordinate food delivery once a month.
- RSVP volunteers will pick up food from The River Food Pantry and deliver to older adults at their mutual convenience.
- Food Bridge will allow older adults to have two or three nutritious meals a day by delivering healthy food from The River Food Pantry to older adult’s homes.
- Older adults can save on average of $67 per week or $268 per month by receiving free food and resources from The River.
To Receive Food:
- Call NewBridge at (608) 512-0000 and become a Case Managed Client
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Live in Madison or Monona
- Fall below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level (1 person $1,561.25 / mo or 2 people $2,113.76 / mo)
- Homebound and at nutritional risk
To Become a Volunteer:
- Contact RSVP of Dane County at (608) 238-7787
- Pass a background check and participate in one of our monthly orientations
- Get matched with a NewBridge Client in need of food
- Coordinate and schedule with your match one monthly food delivery from The River Food Pantry
Serve 60 older adults in 2020 and 300 older adults by 2024. To make this program a success, donations and volunteers are needed.