The River operates entirely on donations.
Over ninety six cents of every dollar you give to The River goes directly to the people we serve. We spend your donation on food and services for clients and on costs to keep the pantry running, such as rent, utilities, and vehicles. We take pride in keeping our costs low and acting as good stewards of your donations on behalf of our thousands of clients.
Here’s what your tax deductable donation provides:
- $10 will allow one family to receive over $120 worth of food and clothing
- $100 will pay for food for up to 8 families of 3 for 1 week
- $300 will underwrite one Friday night dinner for up to 300 people
- $11,000 will cover the purchase of food for a full month of operation
- $28,000 will cover the cost of all operational expenses and the purchase of food for one month
Because The River is a 501(c) (3) charity, your donations are 100 percent tax deductible.There are many convenient ways to give:
- You can mail a check payable to The River Food Pantry at 2201 Darwin Rd, Madison, WI 53704
- You can make a donation with your credit card online
- You can set up a monthly electronic funds transfer from your savings or checking account
- Use our online form to submit a giving commitment
Please visit The River and see where your money is going. Just drop in at 2201 Darwin Road and ask for a tour.
And thank you!
This is what $10 can purchase at a store.
This is what $10 can provide at The River.
With every $10 donated to The River, we are able to give away $100 worth of food, an effect we call the Power of 10.
How does the Power of 10 work?
Access to a low-cost food supply, minimal administrative overhead costs (3 cents for every $1 donated in 2014!), and a relentless focus on offering the most that we possibly can to our clients makes for a streamlined system of food distribution that leverages donations to The River to their greatest giving potential.