“Grateful, thankful, blessed” were words that decorated the table centerpieces at our 2018 Harvest Dinner for Hunger. For us, they are also the heartfelt sentiments we have towards our attendees, sponsors, partners, and volunteers when we think of the amazing event that was produced and executed in Madison College’s beautiful Truax location.
We are thrilled to announce that this year’s Harvest Dinner set a record for the most attendees and funds raised! Over 250 attendees enjoyed a multi-course meal, live music, a silent auction and live auction, raffles, and inspirational stories from people personally touched by The River Food Pantry. The dinner raised nearly $100,000, with an additional $30,000 match provided by a generous donor. Money raised at the Harvest Dinner will go directly to the goods and services provided by The River, which serves 1,000 households every week.
We’d like to thank everyone who helped make this event such a success, including:
- Madison College Culinary Arts, Liliana’s Restaurant and Taliesin Preservation for preparing a delicious multi-course meal.
- Madison College Culinary Arts students and faculty for serving the meal.
- Madison College Jazz Band and the Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras (WYSO) quartet for performing for our guests.
- Ale Asylum for providing beer.
- NBC 15’s evening news anchor, John Stofflet, for once again being a fantastic emcee.
- Scot Kemp Creative and Inkworks for designing and printing our beautiful marketing materials.
- Althea Dotzour Photography for capturing moments that we will cherish for years to come.
- Union Cab of Madison Cooperative for providing a free shuttle service between the parking lot and the entrance.
- All the volunteers who helped before, during, and after the event!
On behalf of all the thousands of people who will benefit from everyone’s efforts and generous hearts, we are deeply grateful.
Special thanks to our sponsors:
And with generous support from our partners: