Strategic Plan 2021–2023
Aspiration: BE an enhanced builder of community, extending our core values, working collaboratively to achieve a vision where everyone is nourished in body, mind and spirit.
- Be a leader in ending hunger by listening to all stakeholders, while actively seeking innovative solutions through collaborative partnerships.
- Build The River’s brand to create greater community awareness of our mission, vision, core values and enhanced role.
Aspiration: GROW as the leading direct provider of healthy and nutritious resources for food-insecure households throughout Dane County, and collaborate to promote household stability, addressing the root causes of food insecurity.
- Stabilize, strengthen and enhance our food supply chain.
- Establish alternative ways to incorporate client choice.
- Expand programs to increase access.
Facilities & Environment
Aspiration: ESTABLISH and maintain best-in-class operations that reflect and embody The River’s mission, vision and values.
- Engage in conversation with potential partners to plan and acquire a facility that reflects the values and mission of The River.
- Optimize and enhance the safety and welcoming nature of the current facility.
- Extend our care for the environment.
Aspiration: ENGAGE employees, volunteers, donors, and clients to ensure every voice is heard.
- Nurture an organizational culture and environment that embodies our core values with our staff.
- Provide opportunities for individuals, families and groups to volunteer their time and talents.
- Offer a variety of opportunities to support The River’s mission.
- Listen and respond to the changing needs and concerns of clients.