ABOUT THE TAX LAW
We know that kindness and compassion are at the heart of your support. Because The River is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, your donations are 100% tax-deductible. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution during this tax year, your gift must be made by December 31!
There are several ways to make your year-end gift to The River:
- Checks: Please make check payable to The River Food Pantry and mailed to 2201 Darwin Road, Madison, WI 53704. Checks must be postmarked by December 31.
- Credit cards: Credit card charges are tax-deductible as long as the charge is captured by year-end.
- Monthly electronic funds transfers from a savings or checking account
Here are a few ways to contribute that may provide tax benefits for you as well:
- Donor Advised Fund: They are easy to set-up and are considered one of the most tax-advantageous ways to give. Once the fund is established, you can direct that a donation be made to The River whenever you wish.
- Appreciated Securities: These include stocks and mutual funds, which can be donated directly to The River. Your donation and tax deduction is based on the market value of the security and you avoid paying tax on any appreciated value. NOTE: Despite recent volatility, markets are still at relatively high levels.
- IRA: If you’re 70 ½, you can donate directly to The River from your IRA. A qualified charitable distribution is not taxable and could satisfy some or all of your Required Minimum Distribution.
As always, please consult your tax advisor. For questions about donating, contact The River’s Director of Advancement, Rhonda Adams, at email@example.com.
Know that however and whenever you choose to donate, you are making a significant impact and always have our deep appreciation.
The River Food Pantry is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and your contribution is tax-deductible.
The River Food Pantry tax identification number is 20-4179749.